Sunday, April 1, 2012

This is Me

Many people do not understand "Mormonism." It is hard to understand and believe in Joseph Smith, and the revelations given to him on this earth. There are so many sects of Christianity. So many different beliefs but all united in one main purpose, to live with our Savior, Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father. To be reunited with family and friends for eternity. Although, a "peculiar" religion, I am so proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I feel so privileged to be a part of an organization that focuses so much on service, on sacrifice and eternal families. In our church our women's organization is called Relief Society. We are dedicated to uplifting and serving women in our neighborhood and in the world. Today I feel inspired and touched to share the Relief Society Declaration. To share a little part of me, of who I am and who I strive to be. You may not understand my religious institution but I would like you to understand the person that I am and what my purpose in this life is.
We are beloved spirit daughters of God.
Our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction.
As a worldwide sisterhood, we are united in our devotion
to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar.
We are woman of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who:
Increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ
through prayer and scripture study.
Seek spiritual strength by following the
promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Dedicated ourselves to strengthening
marriages, families, and homes.
Find nobility in motherhood
and joy in womanhood.
Delight in service and good works.
Love life and and learning.
Stand for truth and righteousness.
Sustain the priesthood
as the authority of God on earth.
Rejoice in the blessings of the temple,
understand our divine destiny,
and strive for exaltation.

I am a happy woman, who has experienced much heartache, and many trials in my life. As cheesy and it may sound to some God is good. He is my strength and my peace. Who does not hope for that in this lone and dreary world. Happiness is achievable. I know that there is only one way to find it and am so thankful to have this in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment